Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Summer Holidays!

Ok, so I haven’t written in my blog for a very long time but that’s all about to end. You see, I…am…on…HOLIDAYS!!! Three and a half months to be exact! If ever there were a time to use the following phrase, I think right about now would be apt…SHIP IT!

To give you guys an update of what‘s been happening with me, I took a break from poker about two days after my last post, having lost another $4.5K on top of the $9K I lost the day before. I didn’t start playing again until four weeks later at the very end of October and fortunately for me I went on one ridiculous upswing. I had a 12K day on the 30th and despite only having played about four days that month (the first two and the last two) ended up making my monthly goal of 10K as a result.

This month I’ve been busy with exams but when I did sit down to play I simply kept on winning. At this point I’m up 31K in the 11300 hands I’ve played since coming back from my break and my hourly rate is sitting at $900/hr over those 35 hours. Pretty sick stuff! Here's the graph and stats of my last three weeks.


The Australian dollar has also taken a massive nosedive against the US so my winnings in Australian dollar terms have jumped tremendously. I cashed out 10K the other day and it came out to be over 15K AUD. If I had cashed that 10K out earlier this year I would’ve only gotten 10.5K or so! I knew that chapter on Forex would come in handy!

I’m really looking forward to playing some live events too this summer. APPT Sydney is around the corner and although I can’t play the Main Event (Lisa’s having her 21st during it) I’m definitely going to be playing some of the side events. At this point I’m set on playing the $750 opening event and the $2200 6-max event. If I feel up to it I may play some others but I don’t really feel I have an edge in tournaments so I’ll probably just give them a miss and stick to the cash games.

The other live event that I really want to go to is the PCA. I remember when I first got into poker three years ago the stop on the WPT that really caught my eye was the Bahamas and the Atlantis Hotel. It looked simply incredible and it has always been a dream of mine to go there. Unfortunately, I’m fast running out of time to qualify and I haven’t had much time to try either. I’ll probably end up just buying the PCA package in full from PokerStars. It’ll be expensive but whatever…a dream is a dream!

Anyway, good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion