Sunday, December 13, 2009

Stars is Rigged, X Factor: Go Joe!

To finish this year I set myself a relatively modest goal for December of $21K. In my end of year review you can find out why I decided 21K but suffice to say the poker gods have been conspiring against me.


I guess on the bright side I’m actually only down 2 buy-ins for the month and I still only need 26K (or 13 buy-ins) to hit my goal - very do-able for sure!
Most of the run bad has been on Stars and I’ve literally busted my Stars account for about the 4th time this year. Even without the run bad, for the life of me I cannot beat that site. I feel like I can walk on water on FTP and Party but on Stars I just have no clue.

I’m pretty sure it’s because Stars doesn’t use a continuously shuffled deck. On FTP and Party I can time my turn call so that I get just the right river card, or my preflop all-in call so that I get just the right board to run out. But on Stars the deck is fixed once the cards are dealt and I’m simply helpless!

In other news, after seeing Susan Boyle’s now famous Britain’s Got Talent clip earlier this year I followed the rest of the series on YouTube and then transitioned to Simon Cowell’s other show, X Factor. In one of the early episodes there was a really good audition by a boy named Joe and I thought “wow, he’s like the only one who can actually sing, he’s sure to win!” Once it was confirmed he was one of the 12 finalists I decided to bet $750 on him at 4/1 odds. Well 10 weeks later and he’s in the final 2 tomorrow! Not only that but he’s the heavy favourite! I don’t really understand UK odds but apparently I get $3750 back (or $3000 profit) tomorrow if he wins. He’s currently at 1/4 while villain is at 11/4, so I’m pretty sure I made a sick bet whatever happens.

Anyway, go Joe!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion