Sunday, December 6, 2009

APPT Sydney Main Event Day 2

No luck unfortunately. I had my 40k stack whittled down to 20K, then I won two small pots with AK and JJ in the space of 3 hands to get back to 36K; then I got whittled down to 20K again before doubling up with AJs v A5o on A62dd to get back to 40K; then I got whittled down to 23K again before I stuck the rest of my stack in with QJo in the big blind versus a hijack 4K open. He thought for quite a bit but eventually made the call, showing A3s, and the Ace door-card sent me packing.

I’ve decided to play the last event of the series tomorrow, the $3200 heads-up event. I didn’t play this event last year as the structure was retarded: it had a best of three structure but the blinds in games 2 and 3 left off from where the blinds in the previous game finished. This year I’ve been told that problem has been fixed so I’m really looking forward to my first live heads-up tournament. Should be fun!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion