Wednesday, December 16, 2009

21K Day at…HU!?!?

Wow how things can change! I’ve been running so poorly this month at 6-max that yesterday I thought “screw it, let’s give HU a whirl”. For those of you who don’t know this is generally a really bad idea for me. I’ve never really studied HU videos or gotten coaching for HU or read HU hands in forums. My HU career has basically been me clicking buttons versus I Win Flips and slowly learning how much I suck (though he loves constantly reminding me as well).

Anyway yesterday I played two different opponents for about an hour each and won 10K in the first match and 11K in the second. I felt I actually had an edge in the first game (which surprised me as much as anyone else) and in the second I just ran quite possibly the best I ever have in a 20 minute period in my life. There were simultaneous stacks going in everywhere and I just kept flipping over the nuts. I’m surprised he kept his game together as much as he did. I probably would have been open shoving every hand in his spot!

My plan now is to never play HU again in my life and run away with my run-good! Hehe.

I logged on this morning to check my e-mail and without any intention of playing but someone informed me that a massive fish was playing 25/50 so I had no choice but to sit. I won 8K there in about an hour of 1-tabling before I had to go off to the travel agent to pick some stuff up.

So all in all I’m suddenly up 27K for the month and out of the blue have hit my main goal for the year! There’s two weeks left in the year though and I can’t see myself just stopping now. I’m going to try and hit my secondary goal which is basically just to win another 50K (44K from here on in). I know I’ll be life-tilted if I go on a downswing and finish below my original goal but, I mean, what can you do…

In regards to HEM the problem seems to be that HEM won’t import hands if I import them AFTER the session (as opposed to during). I don’t import during HU because I don’t use a HUD for HU so this is probably why only my HU sessions have been affected. I think this must be a recent problem caused by the spyware that infected my computer. It must’ve damaged my hard drive or something. Anyway since I know how much I should be up or down after each session (sometimes you just can’t beat trusty Excel) I’ve just been deleting hands to get to the right dollar amount. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do until I get my new computer next week.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion