Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On Tilt from F*#king HEM

My HEM has turned into a useless piece of shit. I’ve literally spent more time trying to fix HEM these past few days than I have actually playing.

It’s so frustrating because I really have no idea how much I’m up or down this month now. I don’t know how close or far away I am from my goal. Heck I don’t even know if my HEM has been stuffed up this entire year and my results this year are completely off. I only started double checking my HEM results with my poker account balances after every session recently.

I spent yesterday and the day before trying to get these 3 tables of HU on Stars to import but they simply wouldn’t. Eventually I changed the SN, hand history numbers and table names in them, re-imported them and added the new SN to my Alias. Then I realised a table of FTP was also missing as my account and HEM were $700 off. I did the same thing for that and breathed a sigh of relief when it all worked out.

But then today OMFGdsfnakafdsadfad I played another 4 table HU match. Of the 4, one table imported correctly, one did not appear at all, and the other two only half imported.

Even weirder is that if I filter for the last 2 days, say, and I group it by ‘Sessions’ it’ll show a different amount for winnings than if I group it by ‘Sessions (by Table)’. This is obviously retarded. It somehow wipes out 2K in winnings when I move it from one to the other!!!


I had an inkling something was wrong with my HEM a while ago. If you remember I posted an entry where I showed myself a zillion dollars above-EV. When I analysed it afterwards though I realised my HEM said I was 35 buy-ins above EV in a heads-up match versus I Win Flips. I thought to myself “that can’t be right, I ran hot but not THAT hot”. When I asked him he agreed it was impossible and said his HEM showed I was only up 8 buy-ins in EV. I assumed the problem was restricted to EV calculations though so didn’t think much of it. But now that it’s the actual dollar amounts which are wrong I’m mighty pissed off.

I’m getting a new computer next week and will start a fresh HEM database. Hopefully that’ll fix the problem somehow. It’s annoying though because I planned to finish his year with a review of how I went and to know that the figures might be completely wrong is so bloody tilting. It’s kind of weird I know but it’s kind of like a piece of my identity has been taken away…

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion