Friday, December 18, 2009

-18K Day, Might’ve Played Isildur Accidentally

No prizes for guessing what happened today lol.

I dropped about 18K at 10/20 and 25/50 and am now below my goal again! Oh well.
It was pretty cool though because for the first time I played a fully-fledged 25/50 session, at one stage 5-tabling it across various sites. I’ve taken shots at 25/50 for a long time now but usually I’ll only have one or two tables up and running. To have my entire screen filled today with 25/50 and not a single lower stake game running felt so sick!

So I’m only up 14.6K for the month now and need to get back to 21K to hit my ‘tier 1’ goal. My ‘tier 2’ goal is to get to 58K so that I can say I’ve made 100K in the one and a half months since uni finishing. That’s obviously a long way off now, as is my ‘tier 3’ goal, which as I said last time is to get to 71K for the month.

My other concurrent goal is to get my 10/20 6-max winnings out of the red for the year. I was down 90K at one stage at 10/20 6-max but managed to get it to +5K or so a couple of days ago. It’s now back down to -12K though so I’d like to finish the year with that in the positive.

The other thing that I’ve been meaning to mention but keep forgetting (but re-remembered today because of the FTP Regs Thread) is that I might’ve accidentally played Isildur1 at 200/400 HU. If you remember I did a gimmick of a shot at this player who I thought was a huge fish and who was down over 1M on iPoker: http://thepokermind.blogspot.com/2009/10/very-brief-200400-nl-shot.html. I later found out though that my opponent is likely to be Blom90, who of course is also rumoured to be Isildur1.

If true, this would make my shot rather dumb. The thing that makes me think it’s not Isildur1 though is that a) he plays 6-max and b) he’s a complete galah at 6-max (I’ve been shown some pretty lol hand histories). Either way though I think it’s a pretty funny development and it definitely makes you think twice before shot-taking just because you saw someone’s PTR!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion