Sunday, May 17, 2009

Non-Showdown Winnings Improvement!

I’ve worked hard this year to improve my non-showdown winnings and my Won When Saw Flop %. I relied far too much last year on winning big pots with big hands (which to be honest isn’t a bad plan at lower stakes) and didn’t pick up enough small pots. I remember having a WWSF figure of about 43 and wondering how the heck the good regs had it closer to 48 or 49. Well I decided yesterday for the first time this year to do a stats check-up by stake (up till then I’d simply looked at my results as a whole) and was pleasantly surprised by the results. My WWSF for 5/10 6-max this year is over 48 and my non-showdown winnings have dramatically improved. It seems that stabbing every time when checked to really does help! Hehe. Here’s my 3/6 6-max graph for last year followed by my 5/10 6-max graph for this year.
Unfortunately, not everything is rosy of course and here’s my 10/20 graph for this year.


I’m still happy though because at least I know now that my red line problem is a 10/20 one and not a general one. Since I hadn’t filtered by stake until yesterday I had always seen my red line go continually down this year and had assumed that it was because I still hadn’t improved much in non-showdown pots since last year.

My next step I guess is to figure out how the hell to get not just the red line but all three lines going up at 10/20…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am from Melbourne and am an aspiring player, I am just wondering if you would be interested in coaching? I really need help with my red line!!!

If you are my email is kurtb22@hotmail.com

Borg7 said...

Sup,
this is Borg7 :D
Nice blog...keep up good work.

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion