Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WSOP - Here I Come?

The 2009 WSOP schedule was released today and after glancing at it briefly I quickly realised one rather important thing: the Main Event doesn’t clash with my uni exams! Woohoo! Now I’m not saying that I’m definitely going, heck I hadn’t even considered it until today, but I’m definitely going to look into it. I don’t know my exam timetable yet obviously but the last day of exams is the 26th of June (USA time) so if I leave relatively soon after that I can play both the $5000 Six-Handed Event on the 30th and the $10000 Main Event on the 3rd of July (though I’d probably try to play Day 1B or Day 1C instead, on the 4th and 5th respectively). I wasn’t old enough to go last year so it’d be absolutely sick if I could go this year on my first opportunity.

In other news, I played my first six-max cash session in over a month (and my first for 2009) yesterday. I felt really rusty and out of sorts but nevertheless managed to book a 2.4K win thanks to a couple of standard spots going my way. Hopefully the good run continues and I can get to 10K for the month before January ends.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion