Saturday, January 24, 2009

Aussie Millions - Event 14 $2200 6 Handed NLHE

Man I can’t win a damn race. With 38 players left in the six-max today (266 started, 24 paid) I was sitting pretty comfortably with 43bb’s (average about 55bb’s) and boom I lose two races in back to back hands and I’m out. In the first Marlon Goonawardana opened the button 3x with 32bb’s and I decided to 3-bet/call with 88 from the small blind. It was a bit uncharacteristic of the way I’d been playing throughout the tournament to be honest as I’d been playing small ball the whole way through but I decided to go with it as

a) I was getting tired so I probably didn’t think it through too much,
b) Marlon had opened all three buttons he had been at the table,
c) I didn’t want to just flat from the small blind and let the big blind in with such a vulnerable but strong hand out of position and,
d) I was at a tough table with four very good players so ‘waiting for a better spot’ really wasn’t an option at all (if it even ever is one).

Anyway Marlon showed AJs and won the race after flopping top two. The very next hand with about 12.5bb’s I jammed over James Obst’s (Andy Mcleod’s) MP open with A6s on the button. He called with 44 and I lost that race too.

Awesome, knocked out of back to back tournaments by losing back to back races.

I have one tournament left in my schedule (the turbo) and to be honest I don’t think I could be bothered to play it. I was feeling really good about the six-max today (and even better after I doubled up within ten hands with a set versus aces) but after being knocked out of it now in such annoying fashion I’m so over tournaments again.

It’s actually been a really tiring month on the road for me so I’m really looking forward to just returning home and doing nothing day in day out again. I have a couple of days off now before I return to Sydney so I think I’ll just try to spend those days relaxing and seeing the two or three things that Melbourne has to offer.

Peace.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion