Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Won the Turbo Hundo!

I can’t believe how hot I’m running in online MTTs at the moment! I only played one today – the $109 Turbo Hundo on FTP - and managed to take it down for $7100.

This makes it three wins from my last fifteen or so tournaments, quite incredible when you consider that I’ve never won a non-PartyPoker tournament before (and even then I hadn’t won a PartyPoker tournament in over a year)!

What’s also remarkable is that, like the other day when I won those two MTTs, it was completely by chance that I was playing in the first place today. I was actually intending to play a live tournament tonight but decided against it in the last minute after seeing the terrible structure. Even then, when I logged onto Full Tilt I was fully intending to play cash games and tournaments were the last thing on my mind. It was only after seeing that the Turbo Hundo was starting in four minutes that I realised that I wasn’t really in the mood for grinding cash and so registered for the tournament instead. Talk about running good!

Speaking of cash though, I’ve played a tick over nine hours since I got back from Melbourne and things are going great. I’m up $8700 already and have only played 3300 hands. This means that all in all I’ve probably had my best four days of poker ever; +$20,000 in tournaments and +$8700 in cash. Not a bad start to the (online) year!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion