Saturday, May 8, 2010

Euros, Help Me Travel Europe!

So I booked my flights! July 9 from Sydney to Paris and August 15 from Rome to Copenhagen. The question is, what is the best way to get from Paris to Marseille to Barcelona to Rome? I presume I can catch a train from Paris to Marseille but from Marseille to Barcelona and especially from Barcelona to Rome I'm not entirely sure (train, plane, ferry?). Any advice would be awesome.

On the poker front, I haven't been able to play much these last few weeks. I had an exam last week and have one next week and after that I'll still be busy right through till the end of semester so unfortunately it's looking like I won't be able to finish my yearly goals by July. However, that's not really a concern for me anymore because I've decided that I will take my RSAs to Sweden and at least give myself the option of playing poker while there. Initially I was reluctant to do this because I wanted to make sure I made the most of my exchange experience and didn't just grind in my dorm room the whole time. However I decided that letting my game age by 7 months was not a good idea, especially since I'm now definitely taking a year off next year to travel and play full time. I definitely don't want to start next year rusty or behind the times. Also, even though I won't be playing very much, I'll still probably be foregoing about 100K by not playing for those 7 months, and that's a pretty big thing to give up.

I'll definitely make sure I balance my time well though. I'm going to Sweden to have a lot of fun and gain invaluable life experiences, not to just while my time away playing poker. I might even do something like set myself a limit of 10K hands per month and force myself to donate $1 for every hand I play beyond that or give out free coaching or something. We'll see.

Finally I did a video with Andrew which I think went pretty well, and I've also finished 2 of the 3 parts of my new series. I'll do the final part when my self-exclude ends in a week so look out for the series fairly soon!

Good luck at the tables.

2 comments:

JMurph said...

Play a ton of hands, then coach me for free

astrobel said...

Definitely take the train from Marseille to Barcelona and a plane from Barcelona to Rome.
Enjoy Europe, it's the best place on Earth ! ;-)

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion