Friday, February 20, 2009

My First Five-Figure Day!

You’ll never believe what happened today! Remember my super tilted post about my disconnection? Well, I requested the hand histories today since HEM wasn’t able to record them and after importing them I discovered that in the hand against the giant fish he in fact just check/called the river and did not check/shove as I had previously thought. So then, how did I lose my money you ask? Well, somehow, I was actually beat! I had QQ on a QA9T7 board blind versus blind and he actually had J8, check/calling the flop with the gutter and only check/calling again on the turn and river when he hit! Sick! Anyway this meant that the disconnection only cost me $350-$600 (depending on whether my opponent paid me off in the other hand) and suddenly I felt like a new man; a huge burden had been lifted off my back.

All of a sudden, despite not having recorded a decent winning session in about a month, I felt really excited about playing again and jumped into an 8-tabling session. And what a session it was! My biggest ever in fact; a cool $11,285 in a little over 4 hours. I definitely ran ridiculously well, but even EV-adjusted I was making over $1000 an hour. Given that I hadn’t even made $1000 this entire month, I’m definitely extremely pleased with how today turned out. Let’s just hope that this wasn’t a one-off event and that the good run continues!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion