Monday, November 23, 2009

PCA, New York, Exchange, Cambridge and more!

Well, exams are over!!! That’s a big relief. I did my usual Red Bull-driven cram and think I did pretty well all things considered. In two days I have a summer internship interview for the NSW Law Reform Commission. If I get that I’ll be working December and February and travelling to the Bahamas and New York in January. If I don’t get it I’ll be playing APPT Sydney in December and hopefully will be going to Japan in February. Either way I’m hitting up PCA and NY!

For PCA I decided to do the full package, extended nights and all, so I’ll be there from the 4th to the 15th and then I’ll be in New York from the 15th to 24th. I can’t wait for both! I’ve never been to New York and since everyone says how incredible it is I’ve been itching to go for ages. And this will be my second (and probably last) time at PCA so I’m definitely looking forward to that and I know it’ll be a blast.

I’ll also find out about my exchange in January. I applied to the law exchange earlier in the year but didn’t get that because my law marks aren’t good enough. I then applied through the general university-wide exchange program which counts all your marks and my commerce marks are pretty killer so I’m pretty confident of being able to get that. My preferences (in order) are Lund and Uppsala in Sweden (maybe I can find and learn from Isildur?) and Toronto and Ottawa in Canada. I’m really hoping to end up at Lund but will be happy with any of the other destinations too.

Finally, I received this e-mail the other day about this opportunity at Cambridge. Basically I can do one of my law units next year over at Cambridge instead of here in Sydney. The way it works is that I do one less subject here next semester and then I travel over there to do an entire subject in one (very intensive) week! I did a day-trip to Cambridge last time I was in London and the university really caught my imagination. It has cobbled streets, luscious lawns and sandstone buildings, and as a university town it has this really unique ambiance about it. I remember thinking how amazing it’d be to be able to study at a place like that and now I have the chance! Now obviously one week isn’t much compared to the real thing, but it’s the best chance I’ve got so I think I’ll have to take it.

The only problem is…it coincides with the WSOP Main Event. Oh well, I wasn’t sure I was going back anyway since I was probably going to travel around Europe if I got into exchange. I also figure that I can go back to the WSOP later in life, but I’ll never be able to do this again.

Whatever happens, a pretty exciting year coming up for me I think. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion