Tuesday, July 21, 2009

6PTBB/100 over 100K Hands at 5/10 NL!

Ever since I got back from Vegas (trip report to come!) I’ve been grinding hard in an effort to finish off my 5/10 goal before uni restarts. For those of you who don’t know, at the start of this year I aimed to make $100,000 in 100,000 hands at 5/10 6-max, a win-rate of 5PTBB/100. Well, I finally reached 100K hands today, and not only did I manage to reach my goal, I surpassed it by an extra $20K, meaning my final win-rate over the sample was 6PTBB/100! Pretty awesome if I do say so myself!


I was on about $97K from 93K hands three days ago but then lost $4K in horrible fashion when I managed to get AKs all-in preflop for 280bb’s versus A2s and lose to a pair of 2s, and then I got in a boat versus a straight on the turn and lost when my opponent spiked his 1 outer to the gutshot straight flush. So I was sitting at par ($93K from 93K hands) and the pressure was on. But then I managed to go on an awesome heater and win $27K in the final 7K hand stretch, and in the five days I’ve been back from Vegas I’m up $32,000 across all games and stakes (which ironically is already more money than I made for finishing deep in the Main Event).

So, where to from here? Well, I still have my 5/10 HU goal to complete (which is simply to get to $0 for the year). I’m down $17,000 at the moment but I’m not worrying too much about the dollar amount as I’m playing HU mostly as a means to improve my game. Since I’m only playing regs who will 4-table me, it definitely hasn’t been easy, but when I do eventually get back to $0, I think my game will be much better for it and I’ll take it as a sign that I’m ready for the big boys at 10/20. And that’s my ultimate goal – to play 10/20 6-max and higher from here on in. If I struggle I guess I’ll have to return to 5/10 (it’s definitely nice knowing that if all else fails I can still return to 5/10 and make some awesome money there) but at the moment the plan is definitely to be a fully-fledged high stakes player from here on in.

I’ll start writing up my Vegas trip report in my next blog. Peace.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion