Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Amusing Bad Beat

I don’t usually post bad beats but this one I found genuinely amusing.

I raised a little more than the minimum on the dry flop to represent air and induce a 3-bet bluff. That worked. I then flatted his 3-bet on the off chance he would stick in the rest with said air on the turn despite me getting 4-1 and obviously having a made hand. That worked too.

The river didn’t work so much.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($1264)
SB ($853)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, K

Hero bets $25, SB raises $89, Hero calls $69

Flop: ($198) 5, Q, 5 (2 players)

SB bets $100, Hero raises $230, SB raises $300, Hero calls $170

Turn: ($998) 4 (2 players)

SB bets $354 (All-In), Hero calls $354

River: ($1706) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $1706

Results:

Hero had Q, K (two pair, Queens and fives).

SB had 4, 6 (full house, fours over fives).

Outcome: SB won $1705

2 comments:

Johnny Jazz said...

I've just read through the whole thing since the very beginning. Absolutely brilliant and inspiring at the same time. Love the determination and results and even more the in-depth strategy entries.

I'm about to go full-time in poker in literally few week's time and your blog has definitely given me an extra push and some invaluable ideas.

By the way, I'd love to add you to my blogroll. However, I'm unable to find a link to the feed. Would you be able to help me out with that?

Joey said...

thanks for the nice feedback! much appreciated. as for the feed, i have no idea lol i'm a blog/tech newb :(

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion