Thursday, August 6, 2009

50K Downer…Sent Packing Back to 5/10…

So my first shot at playing 10/20+ exclusively was a dismal failure. I’ve lost about 50K in the last two weeks and it certainly hasn’t been very pleasant all-round. I cashed out a huge chunk (42K) when I was on my heater so now I’ve only got 54K online and am pretty much busto. I don’t like re-depositing so I think it’s time to return to 5/10 and grind it all back up again…

The weird thing about this downswing is that it never really hit me just how much I was losing until I crossed the 50K mark today. With uni being back in session I’ve been playing shorter and more sporadic sessions and this means that no single session has really caused me to tilt or go ‘jeez, what a shocking session that was’. Rather I’ve been losing small amounts frequently and consistently and so eventually it’s all snowballed and turned into this one massive downswing. Oh well.

In other news I managed to finish my summer clerkship applications last week and was about to plan a trip to London for the WSOPE when it dawned on me that I couldn’t actually go – despite it being perfectly timed to fit in with my mid-semester break, second round clerkship interviews were scheduled for that very week :(. I better damn well get through to that stage now or it’s going to be a very annoyed Joey…

Anyway, my plan from here on I guess is just to grind 5/10 until I get my roll back up to 100K and then take shots at 10/20 again. I haven’t watched many videos recently so I guess I should also start doing that again.

Next entry I’ll definitely (and finally!) start my epic day-by-day Vegas/WSOP Main Event trip report. I haven’t had time to do it because of clerkship applications and uni restarting but now that everything’s settled down and poker is going terribly I might as well sit down and write it up. Until then, peace.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion