Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hit $100,000 for the Year!

I’m super happy right now. For one, I’ve completely dug myself out of the 37K hole I made for myself a few weeks ago (and made an extra $5,500 to boot!). Secondly, I’ve hit the $50,000 mark for cash game winnings this year. Thirdly, I’m halfway to completing my goal of making 100 buy-ins at 5/10 this year before ‘graduating’ from it to 10/20+. Fourthly, and finally, I’ve now crossed $100,000 USD in poker winnings for the year (+52K in donkament winnings, -1K in staking)! Four semi-milestones all completed in the one day; not bad if you ask me!

Surprisingly I’ve been having most of my success on Full Tilt. Of my winnings $46500 has come from there and I’m up $42000 there at 5/10 in 20K hands. This is surprising because last year literally 90% of my winnings came from Party and were it not for some well-timed 10/20 shots I would’ve been in the red at FTP for the whole year, a period of over 50K hands at 2/4 to 5/10. I have a few ideas why I’m not doing as well on Party this year (regs can change screen names every month, 5/10 regs aren’t as spastic preflop as 3/6 ones) but I definitely know why I’ve been doing better on FTP: I learnt to play deep-stacked! I remember I used to be really apprehensive about playing the 200bb tables and I would only buy-in for 100bb because that’s what I was used to. After watching a few of DJ Sensei’s videos on deep-stacked play though it suddenly all clicked. He summarised the differences in about two lines (one for in position and one for out of position) and suddenly I felt ready to tear up the tables. So if you’re reading this DJ (which I know you’re not, since DC is the only training site that doesn’t have a blog section…), thank you!
Anyway, I’ve got to start working on another assignment now (apparently I have to read about 1000 pages…) so I’m going to lock myself out for a week and focus on that. For the rest of you, good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion