Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Introduction

I’ve always resisted the urge to write a blog. There’s something plain wrong about mentally exerting yourself when you can just sit back and watch TV instead. I have however always enjoyed writing and have begun to miss it in the last few years. You see, when you’re doing a Commerce degree, the longest piece of prose ever required of you is probably no more than 100 words. Now, I’m not complaining by any means, but when you find yourself no longer able to string together two basic sentences, it’s probably not a good sign. It was with this revelation that I decided to start this blog.

So then, what will this blog be about?

Well, as the more perceptive of you have probably already realised, it’s mainly going to be about poker (yes, the blog’s title does give it away a touch). I play poker both as a hobby and as a source of income and I think it will be interesting to chronicle the ups and downs of this kind of lifestyle. A lot of serious players actually keep blogs nowadays, either to discuss hands with others or as a way of keeping themselves accountable for their play, and it was actually this that stimulated me to start a blog in the first place.

The second topic of this blog will be more traditional – my life as a 3rd year Commerce/Law student at the University of Sydney. I didn’t actually intend to blog about any non-poker content initially but I decided that it would be nice to have a yearbook of sorts to look back on. This is especially so since my first two years at university have gone by so incredibly quickly that I can barely remember what I did in all that time!

Anyway, I think that’s enough for a first entry. I’ll hopefully have something interesting to write about soon.

No comments:

Rounders

High Stakes Poker - Daniel Negreanu Versus Gus Hansen

Joe Hachem - WSOP Main Event 2005 Champion